Executive Director Position
The Kingston Chamber Music Festival (KCMF) seeks an experienced, motivated and energetic Executive Director to oversee the delivery of six world-class chamber music concerts that take place annually at the University of Rhode Island’s Fine Arts Center in late July and early August. Other KCMF activities include a spring concert, and school and community outreach programs designed to engage new audience members and connect with the community in Kingston as well as the larger regional community.
The successful candidate will deliver a well-executed festival that preserves our reputation for bringing extraordinary chamber music to the community, grows our audience and funding base.
The Executive Director works in partnership with the Artistic Director and reports to the KCMF Board of Directors. The director is a non-voting member of the Board of Directors, which governs the organization, and sits on selected Board committees.
This is a flexible, part-time position with the bulk of the work falling between March and August. It is also a remote work position, as KCMF does not have a permanent office. Some travel can be expected.
ABOUT KINGSTON CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL
Founded in 1989, our mission is to bring outstanding chamber music performed by exceptional young artists and world-class musicians to audiences in southern New England; to present concerts at affordable prices; and to provide outreach programs to students in our area schools..
The Executive Director works closely with the Artistic Director and Board committees to deliver the festival, school outreach program and off-season concert.
Works with the Artistic Director and the Board to develop and implement strategic plans to ensure Kingston Chamber Music Festival’s long-term growth and sustainability
Oversees all activities related to delivering the Festival and other KCMF events, including the following:
- Hires and manages all seasonal staff for the Festival
- Manages KCMF’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Prepares contracts for artists and concert venues
- Oversees artist transportation and housing
- Supervises the box office function and ticket sales
- Manages all outside contractors providing website support, graphic design, printing services, photography, bookkeeping, and other support services to the Festival
- Supervises Administrative Assistant
Prepares and manages the annual budget of approximately $300k
Marketing and Outreach
- Oversees Kingston Chamber Music Festival’s website content and social media campaign
- Manages production of all printed materials related to the Festival and any off-season concerts
- Enlists writing and editorial assistance as needed
- Works to expand the Festival’s audience base
- Develops connections to the community and to other arts organizations throughout Southern New England
- Prepares grant applications and fundraising letters to private and public sector sponsors and individual donors
- Works with the Board to cultivate donors and sponsors and expand the Festival’s network of support (private donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations)
Administers the schools outreach program in conjunction with the Artistic Director and the Education Committee
- 3-5 years experience managing a festival or comparable arts organization
- Excellent digital, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to make personal connections and be a presence for the Festivalwithin the community
- Excellent manager with strong diplomatic skills
- Ability to work under pressure during the busy summer concert season
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Google Apps and Microsoft Office. Experience using a CRM preferred
$50,000-$65,000. Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Applications will be accepted until November 28. Please supply the following materials at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter with contact information
- Resume/CV addressing the listed experience and qualifications