Administrative Assistant Position
The Kingston Chamber Music Festival (KCMF) seeks an experienced, motivated and organized Administrative Assistant to support the Executive Director and the Artistic Director in the delivery of six world-class chamber music concerts that take place annually at the University of Rhode Island’s Fine Arts Center in late July and early August. Other KCMF activities include a spring concert, and school and community outreach programs designed to engage new audience members and connect with the community in Kingston as well as the larger regional community.
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director and help deliver a well-executed festival that preserves our reputation for bringing extraordinary chamber music to the community, grows our audience and funding base.
This is a flexible, part-time position with the bulk of the work falling between March and August. It is also a remote work position, as KCMF does not have a permanent office.
ABOUT KINGSTON CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL
Founded in 1989, our mission is to bring outstanding chamber music performed by exceptional young artists and world-class musicians to audiences in southern New England; to present concerts at affordable prices; and to provide outreach programs to students in our area schools..
See our website for more information: www.kingstonchambermusic.org
The position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, social media literacy, strong attention to details, and the ability to work effectively with others and with little or no supervision when necessary.
- Coordinates production of publicity materials
- Triages and responds independently whenever possible to KCMF correspondence
- Schedules meetings in consultation with Executive Director
- Assists in production and tracking of KCMF’s budgets. Tracks and files expenses
- Monitors grants schedules for submission dates and final reporting upon grant completion
- Screens and manages the flow of documents, contracts, and invoices sent to the Executive Director
- Arranges travel and housing for Artistic Director and Festival musicians
- Prepares and track contracts with musicians, instrument rentals, venues
- Provides general assistance to musicians with housing, transportation, meals during the Festival
- Helps to manage marketing, ticket sales and data collection
- Updates website content
- Supports social media campaign
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative support
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adept with Quickbooks, Google Apps and Microsoft Office, experience using a CRM would be a plus
- Ability to deliver on projects under deadline with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with sensitive situations with tact and well-reasoned judgment under pressure
- Effective customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Experience in a non-profit arts organization preferred
$25,000-$30,000/year. Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Applications will be accepted until November 28. Please provide the following materials at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter with contact information
- Resume/CV addressing the listed experience and qualifications